Words from an Evacuee
One of my regular weekly reading rituals is to pick a copy of the Fort Worth Weekly, the local free alternative-weekly newspaper. It is sometimes a bit wordy and left-leaning for my simple mind, but I never miss an issue. There is often a story about a subject or event that you can't read anywhere else or an article that is just downright interesting. This week's offering has a really nice article by an editor for the alt-weekly in New Orleans that drives home the impact this event has left on an upper middle class family who escaped in the days before August 29.

1 Comments:
Interesting story. I miss the FW Weekly. But we have Orlando Weekly, a sister publication!
I can't imagine evacuating from our home, assuming we'd return a few days later... to find that we may not be able to return.
Amy and I rode out three hurricanes last summer -- three of the scariest moments of our lives. It makes me reflect again on how lucky we were.
Post a Comment
<< Home