Cowboys Quick Thoughts
- I think people are done questioning why Dallas took DeMarcus Ware in the '05 draft over Shawn Merriman. Ware is turning out to be a stud and Merriman, who is no doubt a solid player, is now sitting out four games for a positive drug test.
- Parcells made the decision to go forward with Tony Romo because he saw what every other sane person on Earth figured out awhile back: This team was going nowhere. And if you're going nowhere, do it with an unproven guy who could have a future in this league rather than with a guy whose next big step is retirement. I don't see how anyone could, with a straight face, pictue Drew Bledsoe making an Elway-like late career surge for an allusive Super Bowl ring as a starter (Bledsoe won a ring as Brady's backup in his last year in New England).
- Watching that horrid offensive line that the Cowboys rolled out in '05, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that it would be as bad or worse a year later.
- Roy Williams = the most overrated player in the league right now. He has been the ARod of this Dallas team. Racking up huge plays against crappy opponents and cowering on the sideline in a fetal position sucking his thumb in the games that count. And they're stuck with him for a long time and for a lot of money.
- If I hear another "Well, Jerry just needs to sell this team" sports talk radio call, I'm going to throw up. He is not going to sell the team and I think anyone in their right mind would agree that Jerry is not to blame for the majority of the team's problems.
- Five bullet points in and I haven't even mentioned T.O. Owens yet. Prescription drug issues aside, I think he's behaved himself pretty well so far. This hasn't stopped a media contingent hellbent on seeing a T.O. meltdown from making mountains out of mole hills (training camp and "yelling" at his teammates on the sideline). The QB controversy (and I use that term loosely) has taken a lot of the spotlight off of Owens and I think Romo will find and already has found a way to get the ball in his hands more than Bledsoe. I'm not ready to declare the T.O. experiment a success, but I think it is far from failure at this point.
- Someone please tell me I don't have to watch another game on ESPN the rest of the season. The announcing team is a kick to the crotch and their game presentation is laughable. Explain the relevance of the mid-3rd quarter interview with Emmitt Smith about Dancing With the Stars. Some might write it off as genius cross promotion, but I call it a reason to throw something at the television.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home