Texas-25 Ohio State-22

Tonight was one of those nights where I wished that I wasn't so eager to jump and volunteer to work evening events at the Zoo. If I had been at home, I most certainly would have been glued to the TV watching what (according to the homer UT radio announcers) was a true,blue college gridiron classic. (That's assuming I hadn't been beaten to death by the abyssmal play-by-play of Brent Musburger.) Mack Brown needed this win tonight about like I need a million dollars. He said in his post-game interview on ABC that the Horseshoe was the toughest stadium in college football. Let's hope that he and the Longhorns don't let the Sooners remind them that there's an even tougher stadium in Dallas next month.
Jeff - If you're reading this, does this restore any of your confidence in the Longhorns?

6 Comments:
So, the Grandparents' Day Celebration at the FW Zoo wasn't as grand as Texas v. Ohio State? Come on!
Actually, had I worked that event, I would have been home for the game, but I had to work an event that didn't end until 10.
Sorry 'bout your Wolverines yesterday.
My Wolverines? You must be mistaken.
My SPARTANS did just fine... even if it was against the University of Hawaii.
Brian, Good question to Jeff. Go Longhorns!!!! My weekend was great Longhorns won and the Cowboys. Doesn't get much better than that.Jana
It restores my confidence in Vince Young. He looked very good. They lined up to stop him, and he made the plays he had to make. Even when he made mistakes, he came back. I still have about a gazillion questions for Mack Brown, and I will NEVER forgive him for benching Major Applewhite for Sally Simms, but the team played very well against a team that will be very good this year.
All that being said, if Texas had to play USC right now, the final score would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 63-10, SC. The Longhorns are STILL not that good defensively. And defense wins titles. Even in So Cal...
DOH! I should have remembered you were a Spartan. I'm sure mistakes like that earn the violator some sort of awful banishment.
Post a Comment
<< Home