Saturday, March 18, 2006

BOOM!

Well, I crawled out of bed this morning shortly before 6 a.m. (a real accomplishment given the fact that this was my 11th straight day of working without a day off) to watch what I figured was a once in a lifetime event. An implosion was scheduled for 8 a.m. that would level Landmark Tower, once topped by the world's largest digital clock and once used in the TV show Walker, Texas Ranger. It was cold and rainy and it actually went off 20 minutes early to avoid an incoming storm. I had a great view from about 3 blocks away next to Fort Worth City Hall.

Here's a video of the big event, courtesy of the Fort Worth Star Telegram.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That was cool... Ally, Matthew and I watched the video like 4 times in a row. Why did they bring it down?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home