Sunday, September 25, 2005

Random Ramblings

I know, I know. It's been nearly two weeks. I have managed to do what everybody who blogs says they won't do. I have neglected my writing duties, but not without working furiously on school and work matters in that time. I sat down at the computer more than once, fully intent on delivering a groundbreaking diatribe, but I never could settle on anything to discuss. With that said, I'll just ramble about a few topics that have peaked my interest over the past two weeks:

  • Give that pilot a raise! Stories like the successful Jet Blue emergency landing from last week are exactly the type that make news and current events dorks like myself foam at the mouth. It's also one that , twenty years ago, we would have never been able to watch live over the 3 hours or so that the ordeal played itself out.

  • The Cowboys restored a little hope this week and I use that phrasing ever so loosely. Last week, they lost one that they were supposed to win and this week they just barely pulled one off against a team they should have blown out. Being good is all about winning the ones you're supposed to and stealing a few that you're not. I worry about what might happen in a couple of weeks when they go up against the Eagles.

  • We took in a movie on Friday night and saw Flightplan. I dug this movie very much and, since it made over $20 million this weekend, it sounds like I am not alone. It's nice to see one of those "yeah, right" thriller movies that isn't loaded with enough computer generated effects to make it look like a cartoon.

  • I have no idea how the rest of the world feels, but I am pretty excited about the upcoming NHL season and the return of Dallas Stars hockey. Daryl Reaugh, radio and TV play-by-play man for the Stars, writes a massively entertaining blog on the team website. Loads of fun and yucks for even the most lukewarm of sports fans. Check it out.

That's all for now. I'll try to have more later on. Thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back!
Mom

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flightplan was pretty good. You know those are not my favorites-way too stressful-but it kept me on the edge. :)

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian, glad you are back, I so enjoy reading your blog. Blogging has been a part of my life since loosing Jim. It really helps to write it down. Keep up the good work. Jana

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok maybe i'm way too old because this blogging thing is new to me. You have a great talent for writing keep it up Buyrun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home