Saturday, August 11, 2007

Howdy!

I know what you're thinking. No, I haven't died. No, I didn't forget my password. No, I didn't get a new job that is taking up so much time that I don't have time to blog.

It's been three months since my last post (where I pledged to blog more often). I've just stayed busy enough that blogging hasn't been much of a priority. So, with that, some ramblings:

  • Looking for a job stinks. I'm happy where I'm at, but I want to find something different eventually.
  • I had two incredible experiences this summer: going to youth camp and going on a student mission trip to the Rio Grande Valley. The mission trip probably deserves some blog-love all by itself.
  • As a result of spending time with the youth group this summer, I've now crossed over to the dark side. I have a myspace page. It might be the door to the pathway to the end of the world, but it is the end-all-be-all means of communicating for young people.
  • Weather has been insane for the last four months or so. We had monsoon-like rains from mid-March through the end of July. A hail storm got me a new roof. My yard has never looked better. Now, it is horribly hot. 100+ starting tomorrow with no end in sight. Can we have the rain back?
  • Football season is nigh upon us. I'm excited about the Cowboys. They looked great last night and they seem to be on the right track for a good season. The defense still worries me and Wade Phillips sounds and looks like he would be a lot happier drinking beer in the alley with Boomhauer, Bill, and Rusty Shackleford, but I'm still fired up about the season getting started.
  • That's all I have time for now. I'll try to pass through again this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home