Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Few Rambling Thoughts

Just a few thoughts, mostly sports related. The picture at the end just about killed me. Enjoy and thanks for reading.

  • The Astros are going to the World Series. I've never been a huge Houston fan, but I've been pulling for them throughout the playoffs. My grandmother was a huge Craig Biggio fan and I know she'll be smiling down on him if he finally gets a ring. I can't wait until Tom Hicks stops micromanaging the finances of the Rangers so we'll have a legitimate chance to bring a World Series to our area.

  • Vince Young keeps showing the college football world that he's the real deal. And, if he's not careful, he is going to play for a National Championship in Pasadena in January. Talking heads in this area are going out of their way to remind us that the Longhorns need to watch out for a dangerous Texas Tech team this weekend. If they stomp the Red Raiders on Saturday (as I suspect they will), these same blowhards will downplay the win by saying, "Well, it was only Texas Tech."

  • The first place Dallas Cowboys are looking good, but everyone needs to gear up for a rough game on Sunday. Shaun Alexander is the best runner in the NFL at the moment (100+ yards per game and 12 TDs) and the Seahawks are 3-0 at home. Yikes.

  • ICE! is coming to the Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine! Thanks to Amy and Keith (wow, two mentions in the same post), Heather and I were able to see ICE! at the Gaylord resort in Orlando last December and I kept thinking about how cool it would be if it came to Texas. There is no way to describe this icy paradise. You just have to see it. Here's a picture of Heather and I on a sleigh made completely of ice:



1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said the same thing about Mother and Craig Biggio. I know she's excited about the Astros!
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home